Once Dr. Widen has diagnosed you with TMJ Dysfunction, he will determine the best course of treatment for your specific needs. Typically, treatment will follow 2 Phases:
- Relieve muscle spasm and pain.
- Heal TMJ Joints
- Stabilize the bite.
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction & associated pain
- To relieve symptoms associated with muscle spasm
- To relax muscles and establish a physiologic biting position
- To take bite registrations and impressions for dentures
- To increase blood circulation
- To maintain or increase mandibular range of motion